We offer Learn to Row courses, various development and training squads and social rowing on Friday and Sunday mornings.
Corio Bay Rowing Club is involved in numerous inter-club activities, facilitates the rowing programs of various schools and are proud to host the social Winter Sculling series each year. This series draws up to 60 scullers of all levels from a variety of clubs and schools, for a friendly Sunday morning competition over 8 weeks (June to August).
- The Club has had plenty to celebrate in the past year, as we cheered on member’s successes at state, national and international regattas.
- Our school student members had some great results and medals during the 2017/18 School Regattas.
- In March we had crews receive medals at the Nationals in Sydney.
- May was a huge month with our successes at the Australian Masters Championships in Tasmania. Placing 5th on the overall medal ladder (out of 93 clubs attending), and the 2nd most successful club in Victoria (beaten only by MUBC!).
- And August 2018 saw us congratulating one of our members from Deakin University, Olivia Sibillin, as she achieved 4th place in the World University Rowing Championships in Shanghai.
- Combined, all these wins contributed to us receiving the highest honour from
Rowing Victoria, that of Champion Club.
For those of us not competing, we’ve had some glorious days out on the river, some great social events and are all the fitter and healthier for it. We’ve welcomed new members and been pleased to introduce others to the sport.